This Fern Logo symbolises our national identity and our nation’s values: innovation, quality excellence, achievement, environmental responsibility, honesty, integrity and openness, and cultural diversity.
Only outstanding New Zealand companies have earned the privilege to carry this Fern logo!
New Zealand Special Interest Tours & Travel
REST NEW ZEALAND TOURS is a tour operation which specialises in several niche market areas of New Zealand’s tourism industry. Headed by a “hands on” management, the dedicated, multilingual team concentrates mainly on these market segments.
REST NEW ZEALAND TOURS (Rest International Ltd) is a member of ITOC (Inbound Tour operators Council of New Zealand) www.itoc.org.nz, is a Qualmark indorsed Inbound Tour Operator www.qualmark.co.nz and has been accredited to the New Zealand Way brand. You are very welcome to contact ITOC, your local Tourism New Zealand office or contact Tourism New Zealand via www.tourismnewzealand.com/about-us/offices-and-contacts/contact-us-form in order to check our credibility.
- 1987 – The company was founded by Reinhard Hueber and Stefan Wolf, RE stands for Reinhard an ST stands for Stefan – RE + ST = REST.
In co-operation with KIWI TOURS in Germany REST NZ starts to market a luxury coach tour for small groups and gradually adds more scheduled coach tour products and special interest group tours to its portfolio.
- 1989 The first nationwide 4×4 Safari Tour for small groups (maximum of 9 clients) conducted in a specially constructed 4×4 vehicle was introduced at the ITB Tourism Trade Fair in Berlin. This was a New Zealand “First” and became the basis of a very successful niche market development.
- 1992 REST NEW ZEALAND TOURS was awarded the New Zealand Tourism Award for Market Development in recognition of the innovative product development and the consequential success in the international market place.
- 1993 The company now has a fleet of five 4×4 Group Safari Vans and has also introduced an “Escorted 4×4 Self Drive Tour” where clients follow a well equipped lead vehicle in convoy in order to experience some very challenging off road driving.
- 1994 Introduction of the “New Zealand Sky Safari” another revolutionary new product which is aimed at pilots or pilots to be to explore New Zealand from above and on the ground.
- 1996 Stefan Wolf leaves the company and starts REST AUSTRALIA TOURS.
- 1998 The experiences gathered in the 4×4 off road segment over the last decade are being implemented into another innovative new product when the first nationwide 4×4 Self Drive Tour is introduced to the international market. This is once again a new concept which had thus far not been available in New Zealand.
- 1999 The company is constantly developing new and exciting Self Drive tour products such as a “Hike & Drive” and later on a “Drive & Bike” Tour. REST NZ also moves more and more into tailor made arrangements by special request as may of their customers have a demand for this type of arrangement.
- 2008 REST NEW ZEALAND TOURS is accredited to Qualmark as an indorsed Inbound Tour Operator.